Custom made kitting of rubber metal and plastics parts are a common business for ERIKS. Packaging and labelling are made following customer requests.
More info can be found at the ERIKS Easy Order System website.
A lathe cut rubber washer is manufactured from a tube of rubber by inserting a mandrel into the tube and cutting the finished dimensions with a knife while the mandrel is being turned at high speed in a lathe type machine.
Lathe cut rubber offers maximum cost-performance benefits in many applications. For example, a lathe cut rubber washer is usually the best choice where a static seal is needed. Its square or rectangular cross-section provides a wider sealing surface and superior resistance to compression set than molded o-rings. In addition to meeting job specifications, a lathe cut rubber washer is less expensive than molded alternatives.
ERIKS is today able to answer to the highest and most special requirements of the industry:
- Roller (re)covering with rubber and polyurethane for all industries
- KDP special production unit for paper mill cylinders
- All possible finishes (grooves, profiles, surface finishing...)
- Rubber and Polyurethane sleeves.
- Corrosion protection coverings (lining) in rubber and ebonite of tanks, pipes, valves etc.)
- Rubber blankets for the metal packaging industry.
- Glass and carbon fibre composite rollers, covered with rubber and polyurethane. Also the recovering of the products.
- Full service for curved spreader rollers (recovering, maintenance, repair,...).
- Composite sleeves for the flexographic industry : repeat sleeves, rubber covered sleeves, also laser engraved.
- Composite rubber covered sleeves for the gravure printing industry, both cylindrical and tapered.
- Coating of rollers, containers and diverse products : thermoplastic and thermohardening coatings, fluorbased coatings (PTFE, PFA, FEP, ECTFE, ...)
- Manufacturing of new steel, stainless steel and aluminium rollers.
- Static and dynamic balancing.
- Grinding and profiling of covered rollers.
- Measurement of specific properties, laboratory and ageing tests.