Viton is a synthetic rubber and fluoropolymer elastomer used in O-rings, seals and other moulded goods. They have grown major importance in the sealing industry and are even considered the most significant single elastomer developed in recent history.
ERIKS: the best Viton seals
For more than 20 years, ERIKS is a licensed distributor for Genuine Viton®. Genuine Viton® has the best oil seal specifications for quality and safety. Today's industries operate under extreme conditions. Therefore, quality assurance for the best materials is a musthave.
Application of Viton seals
The Viton® O-rings have an extremely wide temperature range and are highly resistant to chemical attacks, which makes usage in aircraft, automobiles and other mechanical devices possible.
Advantages of Viton seals
- Wide range of chemical compatibility
- Viton® O-rings have an extremely wide temperature range from -26°C to 250°C (-15°F to +400°/440°F)
- Low compression set and low gas permeability
- Viton® O-rings have excellent resistance to acids, mineral and vegetable oil and greases, fuels, aliphatic, aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons, non-flammable hydraulic fluid and several organical sovents and chemicals
- Viton® O-rings are exceptionally resistant to aging, chemical and ozone attacks
Viton seal properties: heat resistance
Viton seals are well known for their excellent heat resistance. ERIKS has been testing the heat resistance at 250°C for 70 hours and the tests show perfect results for Tensile Strength Change, Elongation Change and Hardness Change. These tests ensure that your seals have an optimal life span.
More about Viton seal properties
For more information about our Viton seals, please fill out our "ASK ERIKS" form on the right or contact our office. Go to the overview of our offices to locate the ERIKS office near you.