Bio-hygienic - Milkcouplings
The growth of bacteria, fungi and yeast on and around rubber seals forms a substantial threat in food safety.
HNBR-based rubber, which has been processed with Bio-hygienic, a silver-based biocide.
- The bacteria or microbes make contact with the sealing ring,
- The bacteria absorb the free silver ions on the surface of the sealing ring,
- The silver ions destroy the bacteria/microbes by breaking down their cell walls.
Advantages of Bio-hygienic-HNBR
- The silver ions on the outside of the sealing rings remain active even after several washes
- The silver ions are released in areas that are hard or impossible to access with classical detergents (e.g.: hairline cracks in the seals)
- The Bio-hygienic additive has been approved by a number of major institutions:
o FDA: Food and Drug Administration
o EPA: Environmental Protection Agency
o FIFRA: Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act
o EFSA: European Food Safety Agency
- Temperature resistance: -35 to +150°C
- Steam resistance to 150°C
- Superior resistance to general oils and greases compared to NBR,
- Superior aging resistance compared to NBR,
- Optimal sealing properties,
- Yellow colour to facilitate recognition,
Bio-hygienic-HNBR sealing rings for the dairy industry
- Dimensions: according DIN 11851
- Material: HNBR yellow (Other colours available upon request)
Other sealants and properties
It is also possible to produce alternative types of sealants and/or qualities using Bio-hygienic additive, e.g.:
- O-rings, moulded parts, clamping seals
- EPDM, Viton®, Silicone, NBR
We also produce customized rubber seals with identical microbiocidal properties from 25 m using TPE (EPDM/PP).
- Door seals for cooler ad freezer cells,
- Tank lids,
- Seals for mixers and kneading machines,
- Door seals for hospitals,
- Seals for vibrating screens /vibrosieves in the pharmaceutical industry